Lyme patients unite: It’s time to take action
Enough is enough. After the 2016 Senate Inquiry, Lyme patients were promised a “patients first” approach. Five years later, we are still receiving reports of patients being refused treatment by GPs and hospitals, patients being told their symptoms are “all in their head,” and GPs losing their medical registrations due to treating Lyme patients.
The latest health policy for tick-borne illnesses blocks and delays diagnosis and treatment for Lyme sufferers bitten in Australia! (Find out more).
Since 2012 the Government has been engaged in action around Lyme and associated diseases. And yet the situation for patients is worse than ever.
Are you tired of being ignored, patronised and denied, on top of managing your illness? Or perhaps you’re tired of watching a loved one needlessly suffer without appropriate government support?
TAKE ACTION TODAY.
What you can do
1. Sign our petition
Sign our petition to Health Minister Greg Hunt. Help us get to 75,000 signatures!
2. Contact your local member
We’ve made it super easy to email your local member, to tell your story and prepare them for a briefing with the LDAA. Takes just 1 – 5 minutes!
Simply enter your name and location details to find your MP, then add your own story to our email template. Don’t forget to add an eye-catching subject line!
3. Protest on social media
Use our memes below, add send your friends to this page: https://bit.ly/39AiNMs
Direct message your MP on Messenger
- Use facebook tags @lymediseaseaus, @greg.hunt.mp, @healthgovau, and your MP
- Use hashtags #aussielymefight, #lymeactionaustralia, #aussielymedenial, #ldaapatientsfirst
To save – right click, or press and hold:
4. Get or gift some new Lyme threads
- Purchase an LDAA t-shirt – they’re hip, modern and guaranteed to start conversations. We have mugs and tote bags too!
5. Help us to keep fighting
- Support the LDAA by becoming a member or making a donation. We’re not government funded so this really helps!
Copyright Lyme Disease Association of Australia