The Lyme Disease Association of Australia (LDAA) is run by volunteers. Since most of us are Lyme patients, we feel like family. We understand each other, love what we do, and we have each others’ backs.
Volunteering is rewarding and fun. We have a variety of positions at the LDAA and there is so much to do! From social media, web design, marketing and content creation to administration, governance, community engagement, fundraising, advocacy, business planning, and more.
Volunteering can be one-offs, too. Would you care to write a book review, or share your story on our blog? Do you have a great idea to share?
Why volunteer for the LDAA?
- Gain confidence. Try something new and build a sense of achievement.
- Make a difference. Lyme disease patients have been abandoned by our government.
- Meet people. We’re passionate and committed, just like you.
- Be part of a community. Got Lyme? Care about people, and justice? So do we.
- Learn new skills. Getting out of your comfort zone is good for you.
- Take on a challenge. Without the pressures of a paid position.
- Have fun! Critical, especially if you are confined to your home due to illness.
- Enjoy warm fuzzy feelings, and great karma.
Interested? Keep an eye on our facebook page for vacancies. Or to register your interest at any time, simply contact us. We’d love to hear from you!
Copyright Lyme Disease Association of Australia